Unifi Credit (Pty) Ltd (hereinafter referred to as ‘Unifi’). Entry into any competition run by Unifi automatically implies that you (hereinafter referred to as ‘you’ or ‘the participant’ or ‘participants’ as defined in the CPA, i.e. ‘a person who enters, competes in or is otherwise eligible to win a promotional competition’) have read, understood and agreed to the Terms and Conditions outlined below.
1. Your entry into the competition and/or your acceptance of a prize (in the event that you win a prize) constitutes your binding acceptance of the T&Cs in your own capacity and on behalf of any person with whom you may share a prize (in the event that you win a prize which is for you and one or more additional persons).
2. No member of Unifi and/or any of their member/affiliated companies or agencies, and members of their immediate families; nor members, directors, partners, employees, agents, or consultants of Unifi or the sponsors of any competition, or any of their affiliated companies or agencies, and members of their immediate family, or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the promoter (i.e. the latter being defined in the CPA as ‘any person who directly or indirectly promotes, sponsors, organises or conducts a promotional competition, or for whose benefit such a competition is promoted, sponsored, organised or conducted’) are eligible to win a competition conducted by Unifi.
3. The competition period is 1 August 2023 to 30 September 2023.
4. The prize is that the winner’s active Unifi loan will be forgiven. In other words, the outstanding payment owed by the winner to Unifi, will be written off. In the case of participants who have more than one active loan with Unifi during the competition period, only the Unifi loan that they have taken out most recently are eligible to be written off, and the winner will still be required to honour their agreements with Unifi regarding their remaining outstanding balances.
5. To be eligible for the competition, participants must reside in the Republic of South Africa and be over 18 years old. To qualify, you must have an active loan with Unifi, and have made at least one repayment on your loan during the competition period. No other active loans from lenders other than Unifi will be considered for this competition. Customers who are in arrears with Unifi, or don’t have an active debit order mandate with Unifi, do not qualify. Previous customers of Unifi who do not currently have an active loan with Unifi, could qualify if they take out a loan during the competition period.
6. Qualifying Unifi customers (as stipulated in point 5) are automatically entered by Unifi. The winner will be determined through a random draw from a database of qualifying customers, which will be conducted by an independent third party every Friday during the competition period.
7. Winners will be notified by telephone and announced on social media. Only the first names and cities of residence of the winners will be published on social media to protect the privacy of the winners.
8. In the event that you win a prize, you will be requested to consent to the publication of your name, image, and the use of your details and photographs by Unifi in marketing material and for marketing activities, for which no fee will be payable to you. You are entitled to decline such consent.
9. You may not win a competition if you have won a competition promoted by us within the past six months. You will be eligible to win in a competition promoted by us after the expiry of six months after the date on which you won the last competition. Only one participant or entrant per household is entitled to win one prize per competition.
10. Without limitation, Unifi and our affiliates are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failure or malfunction, traffic congestion (whether physical, or on the Internet, telephone lines or at any service provider, web site or other device or medium), or any combination thereof, or any other technical or other problems.
11. It is your responsibility to ensure that any information which you provide to us is accurate, complete, and up to date.
12. The outcome of the competition is subject to the decision of the judge and Unifi, whose decision is final, and no negotiations and or correspondence will be entered into after the fact.
13. Prizes may not be exchanged for cash or any other prize, nor are they transferable.
14. Unifi may require you to provide us with such additional information as we may reasonably require in order to process and facilitate your acceptance and/or use of a prize.
15. By participating in the competition, you agree to release Unifi harmless from any and all losses, harm, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the competition or resulting from the participation or acceptance, possession, use or receiving of any prize.
16. Unifi reserves the right, in our sole discretion, to cancel or suspend any competition or promotion.
17. In the event where a competition or promotion is cancelled or suspended, all participants or entrants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of the competition and acknowledge that they have no recourse against Unifi, our employees, agents, directors, partners, consultants suppliers, sponsors or promoters and/or any of their member/affiliated companies or agencies, and members of their immediate families; nor members, or the sponsors or promoters.
18. Unifi will not be held responsible for any mistakes or discrepancies contained in any competition.
19. Unifi will not distribute any of the personal information supplied to any third party, without the express written consent of the individual.
20. You accept the offer that your participation in the competition, and your acceptance and/or use of a prize, or any aspect thereof, is at your own risk.
21. Any violation or attempt to violate any of the above terms and conditions will result in the immediate disqualification of the participant.
22. By participating in any competition hosted by Unifi, participants further agree to be bound by Unifi’s website terms and conditions, as found on www.unifi.credit/za